|Chocolate Macadamia Nut Muffin Mix
Recipe to be put in the Jar:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Layer ingredients attractively in any order into 1-quart food storage
jar with right-fitting lid. Pack ingredients down slightly before adding
2. Cover top of jar with fabric; attach gift tag with raffia or ribbon.
Attach to Jar:
Macadamia Nut Muffins
1 Jar chocolate Macadamia Nut Muffin Mix
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease or paper-line 18 regular-size (2
1/2-inch) muffin cups.
2. Pour contents of jar into large bowl. Combine buttermilk, butter,
eggs, and vanilla in small bowl until blended; stir into jar mixture
just until moistened. Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes
out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pans and
cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Makes 18 muffins